Terms and Conditions1. The BPMA Student Design Innovation Award competition is open to UK students registered at design colleges and universities. Employees of the BPMA, and the promoters, their agents or members of their families will not be eligible to participate.
2. All entries must be submitted either using the online form, as a word document sent as an attachment, or written in black ink or ball-point pen and submitted by post with the official entry form. They must be clearly marked with the entrant's name, full address and telephone number. Any illegible, mutilated or altered entries will be disqualified. The entrant must certify on the front page that it is their own, original unaided work.
2.1 Posted entries must be delivered to BPMA Student Design Innovation Award, British Promotional Merchandise Association, Unit 5 Avenue Business Park, Brockley Road, Elsworth, Cambridgeshire, CB23 4EY. They are invalid if they arrive any later than the first post on the specified closing date.
2.2 Proof of posting will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, damaged, illegible, delayed or mislaid entries.
2.3 Only one entry per entrant will be permitted.
2.4 Entries must be original (that is, representing the entrant’s own work) and completed on up to three A3 boards or up to three A3 sheets of paper. Entries that do not conform to this rule will be disqualified.
3. In the event of the closing date being extended, which the Judges may do in their absolute discretion, an announcement of any such extension will be posted on the Design Competition website.
4. Subject to Rule 8:
4.1 All prize winners will be selected by a panel of Judges including at least one member independent of the organisers.
4.2 The following prizes will be awarded: Winner, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Plus a maximum of 5 additional Finalist Runner up awards. Every finalist selected is expected to attend the final prize winners selection interview.
4.3 The monetary value of the prizes will be £1000 in total.
5. The individual prizes offered will be given as cheque or bank transfer and are not transferable or exchangeable.
6. The organisers will not be liable for any circumstances beyond their control that prevent a prize being taken up by a recipient.
7. No correspondence will be entered into. The decision of the Judges shall be final and unchallengeable and in their absolute discretion they may declare the competition or a category void should they consider that there are no entries reaching the required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not, as they think fit.
8. A condition of entering the competition is deemed to have assigned the copyright of their entries to the organisers.
9. Where applicable, prize winners will be responsible for organising their own transport to the final selection interview at a suitable venue.
10. Unless the entrant specifically requests the contrary (by ticking a box provided in the competition entry form or otherwise), the BPMA will hold their personal data (including sensitive personal data where appropriate) on its own or a duly authorised agent's registered database. This information will be used by the BPMA to provide entrants with information about promotional marketing careers and its Academy qualification Programme details.
11. By entering the BPMA Student Design Innovation Award entrants are agreeing to abide by these rules, the BPMA competition rules and any conditions set out in the competition instructions.